FREQUESNTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
You got questions? I’ve got answers
SOUL OF STEVIE CUSTOM NAILS
If you’ve got some questions let me help…
CAN I ORDER CUSTOM NAIL DESIGNS?
Of course, just contact me on the details above to discuss options & pricing. Alternatively email me at [email protected] if you prefer
WHEN WILL I GET MY ORDER?
For standard orders bought through the shop: orders will be posted within 3 days of ordering, you can choose your preferred postage option at checkout
For custom orders: orders may take a little longer depending on the custom design you’ve opted for. Timings can be discussed when we talk about your design.
For rush orders: If you need you order asap you can add the option to ‘rush my order‘ to checkout & it will be posted within 24 hours
With bare nails, place tape over the nail. Then press the tape into the sidewalls of the nails to form a crease & mark the tape with a pen.
Repeat & mark the right side. Remove the tape from the nail being careful not to wipe the marks off. Then finally measure against a rulers in mm. Repeat for all 10 nails
Keep a note of your sizing ready to place your order in the shop. Ensure you have the sizing for each nail as in some cases they may differ on both the left & right hand.
The standard sizing is shown opposite, if you do match the stard size you can simply add the correct size to your basket.
If you don’t match the standard sizing then select custom size when ordering your nails in the shop & add your nail sizes in the additional notes section at checkout.
I STILL HAVE A FEW QUESTIONS
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I order custom nail designs?
When will I get my order?
As all my sets are hand painted to order it will take a couple of days to create your press on set plus postage. Each order will be dispatched within 3 working days of your order so you should receive them approx within 5 working days inc postage. If you need your order sooner then simply add ‘rush my order’ to your cart too, this option is featured in every listing
How do I choose the right size press ons?
You can find full step by step details on how to measure your nails by the full FAQ page here. This should give you all the info you’ll need to make sure you get the perfect fit, shape & length of press on nail. Alternatively if you don’t feel comfortable in measuring your own nails you can buy a sizing kit for only £2.99
Do you have application instructions?
See below full instructions for both glue & sticky tab application methods including hints & tips for longevity. Both glue & tabs come in your free application kit with every order. I also provide removal instructions so you get to wear your Soul of Stevie press on nails time & time again, which is far better for your wallet AND the environment!
For both glue & sticky tabs:
PREP: IS THE SAME FOR BOTH METHODS
- Trim & file down your nails (if required) using the nail file in your application kit
- Wash & dry your hands thouroughly
- Push back & clean up your cuticles
- Gently buff your nails to remove all shine
- clean your nails & inside of the press ons with the alcohol wipe provided
- Apply a small amount of glue to the full nail surface avoiding the skin. You may also need to add a dot of glue to the inside of the press on to ensure a snug fit to your nail
- Apply the press on jusr under the cuticle, make sure it’s straight & press down to the tip. Hold firmly for 10 secs
- Repeat for all nails
- Select a tab that fits your nail best, covering the entire nail
- Do not touch the sticky side, the oils from your skin will interfere with adhesion. Use tweezers to remove them from the sheet
- Press down onto nail firmly from edge to edge
- Remove the film. Be sure to get it all, it is gridded so may not always come off in one piece
- Apply the press on just under the cuticle, make sure it’s straight then rock down to the tip pressing down firmly for at least 10 seconds
REMOVAL FOR BOTH METHODS:
- Gently lift the edges of the nails with the cuticle stick
- If you wish to reuse your press ons the soak your nails in hot soapy water with a dash of olive oil until they begin to lift. It is easier to soak off if you have used tabs rather than glue
- Do not try to rip them off dry, you will damage your natural nails